Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Adobong Pusit (Squid Stewed)

I am sharing this all time favorite Filipino recipe which is also one of the easiest menus to prepare for your family. This is the way we cook it at home, because there are many variations to make this menu in the Philippines. I learned this from my mom.

The procedure of cooking “Adobong Pusit” is just like when you’re making pork or chicken adobo. I hope you can follow the procedure easily; if you have problems of any of my recipe here in my blog, Please let me know, by posting a question in the comment box. Thanks and enjoy cooking.


Adobong Pusit (Squid)



Ingredients:

12 pieces Squid (cleaned)
4 cloves of Garlic (chopped finely)
1 piece Onion (medium)
2 inches Ginger
3 pieces of Dried Basil
2-3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1-2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
3-5 Tablespoons of Bean Oil or your Ordinary Cooking Oil
Ground Black Pepper and Iodized Salt
1/3 cups of Water


Procedure:

1. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger in medium heat.

2. Add the squid, soy sauce, dry basil leaves, ground black pepper (just put enough or more if you want it spicy) and 1/3 cup of water. Put the salt to taste, but if it’s already salty due to soy sauce then, don’t put salt anymore.

3. Then, add 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes, but don’t overcooked.


Served hot with steam rice. Good for 3 persons. You can adjust the amount of ingredients for the big family. If the squid is big you can slice it in circles. If they are medium sized, whole squid is just fine. This is perfect for your weekly menu at home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...