Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pork Estofado

Tonight was my very first attempt to cook a different kind of pork estofado(stewed pork) for our dinner. At first, I was nervous because I've never tried cooking this at home in the Philippines. I wasn't confident enough, but, as the saying goes..."there's no harm in trying..." I won't be able to learn if I always fear that it won't turn out yummylicious for my Sweetheart's taste bud.

At lunch, I started preparing for the ingredients all ready. I learned this inspiring recipe from a friend, which I just met recently at Christmas party. She was a cook incharged, then. So I took the opportunity to ask how to cook and watched how it was done. My Sweetheart loved the taste so I decided to cook it for tonight, hoping he would appreciated my cooking skills (laughs).

For Preparation to Marinate the Meat:

When you plan to cook any meat recipes, make sure that the quality of pork is good (if not the best). I mean, they are in good condition (not over stay in fridge hehehe). I chopped the pork into cubes, but if you like it like pork chop cut that would be fine. Also, if you like it more sauce or sweet.That is still your choice.

Put the chopped meat in the container (or plastic/tupperwear), add the crushed and chopped garlic, 1 cup of soy sauce, 5 pieces of bay leaves, black pepper powder, 3 Tablespoon of orange or kalamansi or vinegar, 1/4 cup of sprite soda, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Mixed the ingredients evenly. The sprite soda will tenderized the meat and it can also be used in making a barbecue marinate. Leave the combined mixture of ingredients in the fridge for 5-7 hours before cooking.

Pork Estofado (Stewed Pork)



Ingredients:

1/2 kilo of Pork
1 cup of Soy Sauce
6 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped finely)
5 pieces of Bay leaves
1/4 - 1/2 cup of Sprite
3 pieces of vegetable banana or saba (chopped in length wise and fried)
1/2 teaspoon of Sugar
3 Tablespoon of Orange extract (fresh fruit) or lemon or vinegar
salt
pepper
cooking oil


Procedure:

1. Fried the vegetable banana or saba and set aside.

2. Get the marinated mixed ingredients in the fridge. (all the ingredients mixed up aside from vegetable banana and cooking oil, of course)

3. Put it in a casserole and boil for 10 minutes in a medium heat, then add the fried banana. Boil for another 2 minutes. Seasoned with a little salt (if needed).

Serve hot with rice.

1 comment:

  1. I was happy because my Sweetheart appreciated the menu. He even went back for more but the casserole was already empty. Now, I know he likes it, I will include this recipe as part of my monthly recipe cycle ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...