Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chili Con Carne

I requested my Sweetheart to cook for me tonight because I was craving for chili con carne, one of his many recipes. I've researched through wikipedia about the origin and meaning of this food and here's what I've found out! ;)

Chili con carne (literally "Chili with meat", often known simply as chili) is a spicy stew made from chili peppers, meat, garlic, onions, and cumin. Traditional chili is made with chopped or ground beef. Variations, either geographic or by personal preference, may substitute different types of meat and may also include tomatoes, beans, or other ingredients. The name "chili con carne" is a variation of the Spanish chile con carne, which means "peppers with meat." Chili con carne is the official dish of the U.S. state of Texas. It can be found worldwide in local variations and also in certain American-style fast food restaurants. But this was originated from Mexico.

Now, I know... I watched him patiently on how he was going to prepare for this food.



Ingredients:

1/2kilo of pure ground beef
1 can of chili beans (439 grams)
1 can of Polpa Pomodori tomato paste (or you can try ordinary tomato paste)
2-3 Tablespoon of Worsheshire sauce
1 medium sized onion (chopped finely)
3-4 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped finely)
2-3 red or green chilis (chopped lengthwise)
3 pcs. of fresh tomatoes (chopped finely)
4 pcs Shiitake mushroom or portobello mushroom (chopped)
3 Tablespoon of cooking oil (palm or soybean oil)
1/4 teaspoon of paprika powder
1 cup of grated mozerella cheese (or other regular cheese which you use for spaghetti)
1 pack of Chili powder
1 sour cream (optional)

Direction:

1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. Saute garlic, onion and ground beef (until the beef is cooked)
3. Pour the tomato sauce, chili beans, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and the rest of ingredients except the chilis, cheese and sour cream. Boil for 5-10 minutes in medium heat.
4. After boiling it is ready to serve. Pour in a bowl, serve with grated cheese and sour cream on top.

Note:
1. You can eat this recipe with rice, or just eat this with crackers or tortilla chips.

2. In cooking, my sweetheart don't usually put oil because according to him, the beef has its own natural oil so as to avoid too much greessy, he put the beef first then the garlic and onion in a low temperature. But I prefer to use oil still when it comes to cooking or saute. It is still up to you if what do u think is okay.

Chow time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...