Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Monday, January 4, 2010

My Chicken Adobo Style

I love the taste of adobo, specially chicken adobo. There are many kinds or styles of cooking adobo in the Philippines. By the way, adobo means to marinate the meat (chicken, pork, beef, etc.). Adobo is a sauce for marinating meats that originates from Spain, a country which had a large empire from the XVI to the XIX centuries. Due to the spreading of Spanish influence throughout the world, adobo, a part of this influence, also spread, and can be found in a lot of Spanish speaking countries (the Philippines was part of the Spanish Empire). Adobo is definitely a Spanish cuisine that was refined by Filipinos and across decades and centuries, adobo has evolved from a simple food to a classic form of artwork. Thesedays, foreigners have become converts to this Filipino dish.

This is also one of my favorite Filipino food and my food craving last night hehehe. Some people want it more saucy and sweet, other they prepared it oily or dry and some want it with potatoes or pineapple chunks like me. I am glad that my sweetheart liked the taste of my chicken adobo recipe.

Now, I am going to share with you, my own version of my favorite chicken adobo recipe. What I love about making adobo is that this recipe is not that expensive, so simple and very easy to prepare. You can make your own version, too by cooking it differently to match your tastebuds, because some like it sweet, or sour and others
like it salty.

**************************************************

FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN ADOBO WITH PINEAPPLE CHUNKS



Ingredients:

1/2 kilo of Chicken breasts (cut into cubes bite size but not so small)
5 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
2-3 Tablespoon of vegetable or corn oil
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
10 pcs whole black pepper corn
4 dried bay leaves
1/2 cup soy sauce (control the amount if it's too salty)
1/2 cup vinegar (control the amount if it's too sour)
1 cup of pineapple chunks (sliced into cubes)
sugar (optional if the taste is so salty or u want it a little sweet)

Procedure:

1. Remember to wash your chicken very well, remove the skin (I avoid it because it may cause skin problems but if u like it then, don't remove it). Also, if you're family is more than 3 then.. you can adjust the amount you need or modify to suit the taste you want.

2. Heat the pan and add the cooking oil. Saute the garlic until it's turns lightly brown. Then add the chicken, sauté until the chicken is beginning to tenderize.

3. Add ground black pepper, black pepper corn, soy sauce, and vinegar, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done. Do not overcooked. Make sure to taste the sauce if there's a need to add more vinegar or soy sauce until it suits your taste (should be a bit tangy).

4. When chicken is tender, you may add some sugar if you like a sweeter taste, and for finale put the pineapple chunks. Let it simmer for 3-5 more minutes.

Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...