Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
THAI FOOD 101: Put Kaprow Mu Khai Dow (Fried Pork, Basil and Egg)
This is a common dish for Thai office workers, the reason is simple, it is widely available from street food stalls and can be cooked very quickly in a short lunch break. It is also quite spicy so its a great way to pep yourself up for the afternoon. Sunny side up egg is common to be served on top of the rice here. It originates from central Thailand, but can be bought everywhere, it is medium spicy.
200 grams pork meat (chopped like what you see in the picture or you may just buy ground pork) 1 Onion 1 Egg 1 Tablespoon Light soy sauce (here they have different kind of soy sauce strong, medium and light salty) 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce 1 Teaspoon Sugar 2 Tablespoon oil A pinch of pepper 5 Bird chili 5 Large red chili 3 Garlic Cloves 5 Kaprow (fresh basil leaves)
1.Clean the pork meat and chop it into small bite sized pieces.
2 Slice the onion finely.
3. Peel and chop garlic and chili finely.
4. Saute garlic and chili in hot pan with oil until the garlic aroma comes out.
5. Add the pork, wait until cooked, then put the onion and other spices.
6. Add kaprow basil and a pinch of pepper.
7. Fry for a few minutes long until the onions are soft, then set aside on a serving dish.
8.Clean the pan and heat some more oil.
9. Fry the egg, sunny side up. Then, serve on top of the rice. Decorate the plate with sliced cucumber and tomatoes.