I know that this soup is indeed spicy but I love this so much. Actually, I can make this soup not so much spicy by adding more water and putting less chili in it. This my favorite Thai soup, but I love the taste of Tom Yum without the milk. There are two kinds of Tom Yum soup one is with milk and the other one is clear soup. I prefer the last one because I feel like vomiting whenever I smell the soup with milk (laughs). And I don't know why. Maybe because of the strong smell of the spices mixed up with milk.
200 g mushrooms
2 spring onions
16 peeled prawns (shrimps)
3-4 medium sized squid
1 liter of chicken soup stock
3 tbs lemon juice
1 ts chili paste
3 tbs fish sauce
1. In a pot bring chicken soup stock into a boil.
2. Cut mushrooms into half. Cut spring onions into 2 cm long pieces. Wash and
clean the prawn and squid.
3. Add lemon juice, chili paste and fish sauce to the chicken soup stock and stir.
4. Add mushrooms, spring onions and prawns and let simmer for ten minutes.
5. Reduce heat and season with Kaffir-lime juice.
Trip To Angkor Wat, November 2011
5 years ago