Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Monday, February 22, 2010

French Toast

I would like to share another easy to make recipe for breakfast or snacks - the French Toast. Before, I thought that it was difficult to make because of the ingredients which I wasn't even sure of. Maybe because I thought of the name "french" and to find ingredients seem to be expensive or couldn't find it anywhere in the Philippines. But I was shocked because my husband prepared it for me one morning, it was really breakfast in bed and I felt I was a princess to be served that morning.

Ingredients:

4 slices of loaf bread
1/2 cup - 1 cup of fresh milk
1 egg (beaten)
1 Tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
a dash of ground black pepper and salt
1 Table spoon of butter or cooking oil
Cinnamon flavor powder (optional)

Procedure:

1. Mix all the ingredients in a plate or container (except the bread, honey or maple syrup and butter).
2. Put the slice of bread into the mixture, until it is covered evenly.
3. In a frying pan, put the butter or cooking oil.Make sure the stove is in low heat
4. Add the loaf bread coated with the mixture of milk and egg into the pan. Toast or turn the bread both sides until slightly brown.
5. Then put the toasted bread in a plate, pour honey or maple syrup on top or both sides and a dash of cinnamon flavored powder.

Serve while hot. It is best to pair it with hot or cold milk or coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...