"Miyeok" means sea weeds and "gook" or "guk" means soup. Every meal in Korea must have a soup and side dishes. This soup is very easy to cook among other Korean soups. This recipe is very good for pregnant women or lactating mothers.
Fresh or dried sea weeds
1-2 Tablespoon of sesame oil
5-8 cups of water
4 Tablespoon of Gook Kan Jang or the Strong Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
1/4 cup of myeolchi or dried anchovy
a dash of ground black pepper
1. If you bought dried sea weeds, rehydrate it for 30 minutes - 1 hour, then drain and wash and cut it into 2 inches long.
2. Add 1-2 Tablespoon of sesame oil in a pot/casserole in a medium temperature and put the sea weeds, fry a little bit about 3 minutes then add 5-8 cups of water (water level must be half of the size of the pot)
3. Put the myeolchi or dried anchovy (small dilis in the PH) and let it boil for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the 4 Tablespoon of strong soy sauce.
5. Add 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic and a dash of ground black pepper.
Serve while hot.
Welcome Back, Elektra!
4 weeks ago