This is one of my favorite Korean recipes - Soon Dooboo Chigae (soft soya or tofu), When I was in the Philippines, I found it difficult to buy the ingredients because you can only buy those at Korean grocery shops. A friend of mine told me that there are Korean convenient stores along Jupiter St. in Makati and there's another one in Kalayaan Avenue in Quezon City.
Thai food is more spicy than Korean so the red pepper powder for korean food is not actually spicy, unless you put so much of it. It is more aromatic. You can also add pork chunks, if u like.
1 Soon dooboo pack or tube (soft soya or tofu)
1 pack Soon dooboo sauce
1/2 Squash/pumpkin medium sized (cut into cubes)
1 medium sized potato (cut into cubes)
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 of medium sized onion
1/2 cup of spring onion (chopped)
1 egg (not scrambled)
1-2 Tablespoon of red pepper powder
2 cups of water
1. Put soon dooboo sauce in the pan and add two cups of water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
2. Add soon dooboo pack, boil for another 5 minutes
3. then the potato cubes boil for 2-3 minutes, add the squash/pumpkin boil for 2 minutes.
4. Add onion, spring onion, and garlic boil for 3 minutes
5. Put the red pepper powder boil for 3 minutes.
6. Finally, add the egg but do not stir yet, wait for 3-5 minutes to stir.
Serve it hot with or without rice. It is best if you have kimchi as side dish.
Trip To Angkor Wat, November 2011
5 years ago