How can something that smells so bad taste so good? I am referring to sauteed shrimp paste, fish sauce, durian fruit, etc. They smell like hell but taste heavenly hahaha
And this recipe is one good example :D
Cheong Guk Jang is a strong soy bean paste (jang means paste) and chigae means stew.
2-3 Tablespoons of Cheong Guk Jang
5-10 pcs of medium sized dried anchoves (myeolchi)
2-3 small sheets of dried sea weeds (dasima) or ¼ of A4 size
½ medium sized onion (sliced)
2 pcs. pyeogo mushroom (chopped)
2 stems of peng-i bosot (white, long and thin mushroom)
3 inches sliced squash (Korean squash long in size like cucumber)
1 cup of soya meat (chopped in cubes)
1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
1 cup of spring onion
3-4 cups of water
2 cups of aged pechu kimchi or the cabbage kimchi (drain the liquid and chopped)
1. Pour 3-4 cups of water in a pot, add dried anchoves and dried sea weeds. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove or take off the dried anchoves.
2. Put 2-3 Tablespoon full of Cheong Guk Jang, boil for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add aged cabbage kimchi and let it simmer for 6 minutes
squash and boil for 2 minutes
4. Next, the mushroom, onion, soya meat, spring onion, and minced garlic, boil for 15-20 minutes
5. Lastly, add peng-i mushroom , boil for 1 minute and cover the pot. Served smoking hot.
Welcome Back, Elektra!
3 days ago