Any questions about any of my recipes, please feel free to post your message at the comment space here and I'll answer you as soon as I can. Happy cooking and enjoy eating! :D Thank you for visiting my site.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Food Trip of the Day: Ginataang Halo Halo & Turon

Oh! I love these two. They are both Filipino food and I can proudly say that they are really delicious! I couldn't find it here in Thailand. So when I went home last January, I bought these yummy goodies :P

Although, I could make some of these, I wanted to enjoy the eating :D (smiley)

Ginataang Halo-halo (Coconut with variety of ingredients like banana, cassava, sweet potato and sticky rice. Halo halo means mixed up in Filipino and ginataang from the word "gata" means coconut milk.



Turon is one of my many favorite snacks in the Philippines. It is made up of the "lumpiya wrapper", the ones we used to make a spring roll. And instead of meat as filling we put banana and a little of langka fruit to make it more delicious and has good smell. It is deep fried and added with brown sugar to make it sweeter.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...